Wednesday 17 March 2010

Kinda Goodbye

It's a more-or-less morning:
The sun does its best to shine,
And maybe means no, but
It's a kinder goodbye.

Curled up on a bench
Guarding each other's solitude
You breathed me your blessing
And set me to fly.

Biting lips you were kissing
And feeling so old today,
The girl on the platform
Who's not going to cry,

Watch the city slip past me
For maybe the last time,
My heart dislocating
As I stare at the sky.

Blue sky, cold sky,
Tell me I looked good last night
Walking away from you
Following my yellow line.

Clouds are lifting:
Felt your death under your skin
Walking back into the fog, and
Telling me to shine.

I WAS HERE
These days were not a wink in time.
And maybe I can't wake you, but
The goddess is still on my side.

Hard-wired for the yellow
And no longer afraid of grey,
Curl up in dreams you won't remember
And sleep 'til sun stirs you again.

No comments: